The Bayelsa State House of Assembly was first inuagurated on June 2, 1999. Between 1999 and 2011, the house had had three conclusive assemblies of 4 years each. The House of Assembly of Bayelsa State is currently on the 3rd session of the 4th Assembly which will end June, 2015
Within this period under review, the House had produced six Speakers, viz:-
- Rt. Hon. Heineken Lopkobiri
- Rt. Hon. Peremobowei Ebebi
- Rt. Hon. (Prince) Boyelayefa Debekeme
- Rt. Hon. Werinipre Seibarugu
- Rt. Hon. Nestor K. Binabo
- Rt. Hon. Konbowei Friday Benson
The House had had two Acting Governors viz.
- His Excellency Werinipre Seibarugu (2011)
- His Excellency Nestor K. Binabo
The House had also produced the Deputy Governors in the state namely:
- His Excellency Peremobowei Ebebi
- His Excellency Werinipre Seibarugu
Between 1999 till date, the House had successfully passed several Bills into Laws. These laws have impacted positively on the socio-economic development of Bayelsa State.