3. Monitoring And Evaluation/braced activities
4. Budget Office
5. Human Resources Management
6. Finance And Supply
7. Public Private Partnership(PPP)
8. Community And Social Development Agency(CSDA)
9. State Employment And Expenditure For Result(SEEFOR) project
10. National Democratic Institute
The commissioner, Ambrose Alfred akieritei and his team were saddled with the huge task of budget preparation other functions as captured here under.
- Department of Planning
Preparation and coordination of the state plan amongst other activities and liaises with the national planning commission on behalf of the state government.
Achievement: successfully carried out a review of achievement and challenges under the first (1st) national implementation plan (NIP) of the draft report of bayelsa state.
- Department of Statistics
Collecting, analysing, storing, publishing annual/quarterly bulletins about the state and disseminating same to both federal and state MDAs and development partners.
Achievement: succeeded in producing a draft copy of bayelsa state statistical year book from 2012 to date
- Plans, Programme, Monitoring and Evaluation/BRACED
Monitoring of all plans, programmes and projects and to evaluate the impact of such on the society and report same to government
1. The department has developed a best practice monitoring and evaluation template for MDAs to report on budget performance.
2. Hosted BRACED meeting in the state on 14th of November 2013
3. Paid the annual state contribution for 2012 & 2013 of N40,000,000 per year to BRACED commission
- State Budget Office
Preparation of the state budget.
1. Preparation Of Supplementary Budget 2012
2. Preparing of 2014 budget in progress
3. Adoption of New Chart Of Accounts (IPSAS) in the state
- Finance and Supplies Department
Accounts and supplies department so far has achieved proper keeping of records of all accounts and monitoring of special release from treasury headquarters
- Public Private Partnership (PPP) Office
PPP has been meeting with various partners like:
1. First capital brothers limited which have interest in the transport sector of bayelsa state government and they are supposed to be financed by STANBIC/IBTC bank to the tune of N1.7b only. They are requesting an equity contribution of 15%. This partnership is in collaboration with the IBTC under the supervision of the ministry of transport
2. JNCI turkey medical equipment services is focused on delivering modern and appropriate medical technology solutions they are also indicating interest in partnering with bayelsa state government in the radiology department of the health sector. They are interested in providing a 5 axis digital cathlab at the 500 bed hospital yenegoa
- State Employment And Expenditure For Result (SEEFOR) Project
1. the financial agreement between the world bank and the minister of finance for the SEEFOR project was signed on April 16 2013.the project became effective july 1 2013 thus training of staff (both local and international) has been concluded
2. A befitting office block has been renovated and furnished for the project
3. As at November 4 2013 the world bank released the sum of two million two hundred and twenty three thousand seven hundred and sixty three USD to the project to commence implementation for 2013